The Philippines is a beautiful country with lots of activities to do, which is why it is important to know what things to pack to add to your Philippines packing list for your trip. I have traveled to the Philippines 9 times and I feel like I have the packing down and have created the ultimate Philippines packing list. There are a lot of things to keep into consideration when packing for the Philippines. Finally, I have listed my favorites and some of my necessities for this ultimate Philippines packing list.
The Ultimate Philippines Packing List
If you are still planning your trip be sure to read about some of my favorite spots in the Philippines.
- Travel Tips for the Philippines
- Philippines Tourist Spots
- Top 10 Places to Visit in the Southern Philippines
- Cebu Tourist Spots
- Bohol Tourist Spots
- Cebu Itinerary
- Philippines Itinerary
Philippines Packing List | Documents and Money
Furthermore, be sure to check out your local government for information about visas or medical documents needed for your Philippines packing list.
- Passport Valid for at least 6 months
- Cash, cards are not available to use unless you happen to be in a mall or Hotel. Be sure you have at least 2,000 Pesos at the end of your trip since it is required for the airport tax
- Travel Insurance
- Printed Travel Itinerary – Include Hotels, Flights, Rentals, etc. The Internet is not as easily accessible in the Philippines so it’s important to keep hard copies or screenshots/photos of your important documents.
Philippines Packing List | Activities to Pack for the Philippines
You can’t go to the Philippines without doing some sort of water activities. These are some necessities for your Philippines packing list when it comes to outdoor and water adventures in the Philippines.
- Dry Bag or Waterproof Case
- Water Bottle
- Backpack or Day Pack – Keep a lock on your back to prevent theft.
RELATED: Best Snorkel Fins for 2018
Philippines Packing List | Accessories to Pack for the Philippines
These are some of my favorite accessories to add to my Philippines packing list.
- Hat – Optional, I prefer not to carry one.
- Ear Plugs
- Sarong or Scarf
- A folding fan to fan yourself or block the sun in your face
- Crossbody Bag – These are best to avoid pickpocketing since they are close to your body and hard to rip off.
Philippines Packing List | Electronics
Obviously, you want to pack your favorite electronics on the trip including in my Philippines Packing List. Keep in mind the humidity will fog up your camera lens so be sure to have a weatherproof or waterproof camera.
- Voltage Converter or Transformer – For items that are 110V only
- Type C Adapter – For items that read 110-220V
- Chargers, Cords, and Cables
- GoPro or an Action Camera that is waterproof
- Travel Camera of Choice
- Unlocked Phone – You can get a sim in the Philippines
Philippines Packing List | Medication and First Aid Kid
In general, food poisoning is a very common thing to have in the Philippines. One of the reasons is the water is not drinkable unless you are a local who is used to it. Moreover, cleanliness in the kitchen is not as strict as other countries. Additionally, I suggest you check in with your doctor or travel nurse about what medications or vaccinations you may need before traveling to the Philippines.
- Dramamine or some form of Anti-Motion Sickness
- Imodium or some form of Anti-Diarrheal
- Pepto Bismol
- Excedrin or Headache Medication
- Aloe Gel
- Insect Spray
- Allergy Medication
- Any other personal medication you need to bring
You may also be interested in: Must Eat Foods in the Philippines
Personal Necessities to Pack for the Philippines
Ultimately, these are items I suggest you keep on you at all times for your Philippines packing list. Additionally, keep in mind that a lot of bathrooms in the Philippines may not have everything you need to feel clean and fresh.
- Baby Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Paper – You can steal a roll from your hotel, but toilet paper is not common in public bathrooms all over the Philippines unless you are at the mall. Toilet seats are not common as well, so be prepared to hover squat.
- Purchased Water – Water is not safe to drink in the Philippines so be prepared to buy bottled water. Make sure the caps are sealed because sometimes people will refill used bottles. If you have a life-straw, it might be helpful to use.
- Your favorite cosmetics – For makeup, I would stay minimal since the humidity will sweat it right off of you.
- Tampons or Menstrual Cup – Tampons are hard to find especially in rural areas.
Clothes to Pack for the Philippines
Firstly, you should pack things that dry quickly and are light and breathable.
- Cover up or wrap dress
- Cotton Dresses
- Chiffon Tops
- Ziplocks or Wet Bags for packing Wet or Damp Swim Suits
Shoes to Pack for the Philippines
- Sandals or Water Shoes – Preferably a sandal with an ankle strap that you can jump into the water without losing them and avoid walking on sharp rocks. I prefer Saltwater Sandals.
- Light Sneakers – Something breathable, light, and less likely to smell.
- Fancier Sandal
Finally, there you have it, the Ultimate Philippines Packing List. Additionally, I am sure I will continue to add to this Philippines packing list as I remember or add more things necessary.
What do you think needs to be added to this list? Leave your answer in the comments below.